Principally the survey is quantitative, but with a useful qualitative supplement to illustrate key findings and to bring them to life. AdCheck draws respondents from panels in accordance with the target audience you specify. Respondents view or hear your advertising and record their reactions verbally while watching or listening to your concept in free-flow mode and/or with specific instructions to test particular elements of the communication.
The respondents make use of an application that records both their spontaneous commentary (audio) and screen movements (video). Subsequently they complete an online questionnaire to rate key attributes of your advertisement. These scores culminate in an overall assessment rating, automatically bench-marked against that of other users of the AdCheck. Reporting is online in real time with a selection of audio/video recordings provided after closure of all the completes to illustrate key issues with your advertisement.
The procedure is as follows:
- You specify the screening questions to reflect the target audience of respondents you are after. This can be in any country, but subject to adequate panel coverage.
- You provide the audio/video clip or print design with copy of the ad. The closer the rendering is to the final version, the more realistic it is to the respondents and therefore the results will be sharper. However, our clients have used the survey to evaluate reactions to storyboards and the AdCheck is therefore suitable for this purpose too.
- You select the sample size and composition you need with a minimum of 100.
- From a standard template, the research team modify the questionnaire for your approval, after which we proceed with the translation (if required). The default language is English.
- The length of exposure to the stimulus material depends on its format. By default, respondents review the material in free-flow mode, but specific questions can probe particular elements of the communication. The total time respondents spend on the exercise must not exceed 15 minutes.
- By default, we provide an online reporting link for you to view the results in real time as completes progress. The reporting link provides a basic analysis.
- After receiving all the completes, we provide a management report, data tabulations and raw data file, which represent the deliverables for the exercise complete with audio/video clips to illustrate key findings of the survey.
- The turnaround of the survey is typically two weeks, depending on the target audience.