Firestar is a boutique agency specialising in qualitative methodologies and cultural insights. From our bases in Malaysia and Singapore, we work throughout the SE Asia region.
- Qualitative primary research.
- Qual: moderating.
Including any preceding tasks leading up to this service level.
Firestar was established in 2001 to provide high level qualitative insight and cultural understanding across SE Asian markets.
We can help with qualitative projects throughout the SE Asia region, and our mixed team of expats and locals give your project in-market expertise as well as analysis from an outsider’s perspective, framing everyday behaviours and attitudes within the broader cultural and societal context. We offer typical qualitative methodologies such as group discussions, in home visits, ethnography, mobile qual, IDIs at B2B and B2C level, but also host cultural safaris and training. Our toolkit extends to semiotics, communications planning and neuroscience, and we have staff members with qualifications in all of these disciplines.
We can offer advice about how to get the best out of each SE Asia market, adapting methodologies and discussion guides to suit local respondents. We are not shy to push back if we think something won’t work, because in the end, we want you to get the best results from the research. We are constantly curious and love working with interesting brands and interesting people!
- Methodology development.
- Guide and screener development.
- Summary reporting.
- Full reporting.
- Presenting results.
- Recruitment with incentives.*
- Translation of guide and screener.
- Venue, hospitality and equipment.
- Simultaneous translation to English.*
- English transcripts.*
- Venue based focus group discussions.
- Venue based indepth interviews.
- Work place indepth interviews.
- Home based indepth interviews.
- Online bulletin boards.
- Home based observations (e.g. ethnographic studies).
- Retail based observations (e.g. shopping accompaniment).
- B2B services.
- Industry experts, professionals, specialists, industry observers.
- Non-profit sector (clubs, charity, social development etc.).
|Joined WRA in:|
|Full time staff in listed country:|
|In-house resident facilities (this listing):|